Kingston Bookshop is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Kingston Bookshop may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 1, 2012.
What do we Collect?
We may collect the following information:
· name and job title and/or industry
· contact information including email address
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What do we do with the information we gather?
Kingston Bookshop requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products and services, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you, and we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Security of Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Information Automatically Collected
There are times when information can be collected from you automatically. This typically happens via cookies, pixel tags or clear Graphics Interchange Format files, known as GIFs, and occasionally from business partners, contractors, shared databases, and other third parties
Information collected using cookies
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Information collected using pixel tags or clear GIFs
To help us understand the effectiveness of certain of our communications and marketing efforts, we may use "message format" and "message open" sensing technologies that use pixel tags or clear GIFs (which are also called web beacons). These technologies allow us to know if your e-mail program is able to accept HTML e-mails and, if it is, to: (1) send you e-mails in that format; and (2) determine if you have opened our e-mail messages.
Information collected from outside sources
Kingston Bookshop may periodically collect personal information and other information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, instances in which you affirmatively authorize third parties to provide us with information.
Links to other websites
The Kingston Bookshop’s website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Customer Care, KB Online Store, 74 King Street, Kingston, Jamaica (West Indies) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, if you opt-out of receiving Promotional Communications, you may continue to receive e-mails relating to order confirmations, back order notifications, membership information, and/or other business-related communications. Although the primary purpose of these emails is not to provide you with promotional material, they may contain within them some promotional material.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Do we share personal information?
Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority at Kingston Bookshop. KINGSTON BOOKSHOP DOES NOT SELL, DISTRIBUTE OR LEASE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
Kingston Bookshop shares your personal information with:
- Other entities owned by Kingston Bookshop Limited, including subsidiaries of Kingston Bookshop Limited.
- Service providers, subcontractors and agents who perform services on our behalf. We provide personal information to third party service providers, subcontractors, and agents that work under contract on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by Kingston Bookshop. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Third party providers of products and services. These are third parties that provide products and services you may purchase or request from or through us. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by Kingston Bookshop or explicitly permitted by you. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us, or as you have explicitly permitted, and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Credit Card Companies. Credit card transactions are handled by third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors who receive credit card numbers and other personal information from us to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- Law enforcement officials and as required by law. Kingston Bookshop may release personal information to third parties when we determine, in our judgment, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property or safety of Kingston Bookshop, our employees, our customers, users, or others.
How do we secure personal information?
We take significant and appropriate security measures, including physical, technological and procedural measures, to help to safeguard your personal information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition, we use industry-standard technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology in the transmission of certain sensitive personal information, designed to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information, and, as technology develops, we intend to take additional measures to improve security.
We want you to feel confident whenever you visit us in our stores, on our websites or otherwise. While we are focused on the security of your personal information and follow strict standards, processes and procedures that are designed to protect your personal information, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will remain secure in all circumstances.
Third Party Websites